Feedback on The GUI Style Guide, please

Subject: Feedback on The GUI Style Guide, please
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 16:43:16 +0800

Susan Fowler said:
> If you can put your hands on a copy, The GUI Style Guide has a section on
> defining hazard messages and icons...

We are about to do the second major release of our GUI. The first cut did
it, now we want to Do It Right -- icons, menu structure, widgets, colours,
sound, fonts, animation, screen layout. . .

Is this the right book to read? What else should I look at? Note that I
don't need to master the entire field of interface design (well, I
probably do, but I don't have time) -- I just want to understand the
basic principles.

Thank you.
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Fax: +61 9 328 8616
PO Box 192
Leederville, Western Australia, 6903