Re: On-line help applications

Subject: Re: On-line help applications
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 09:48:55 EDT

Hi Glenda.

>>... or write in something like Word and translate to SGML.
>> EBT also sells the translation software,
>> although I have never used it. I just checked their brochure -- the
>> translation software definitely supports Word.

DynaTag, as it is called, converts RTF, so you can do Word and anything else
that can export somekind of RTF. (There are varying degrees of RTFness out
there and that affects what you can do.) However, DynaTag produces pretty
simple SGML -- after all, it can only convert what was in some way formatted in
the original copy.

I just posted an article about using DT for online doc and help together out of
one source. It is definitely a powerful option.

Best,

/chet

Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]