Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: Bill Bledsoe <taft!bledsobl -at- UUSTAR -dot- STARNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:04:25 -0500

Oh boy, couldn't resist this one.... sorry list.....

Read it with me: General Protection Fault....

From the serious and respectable side of the isle....

I like locked or locked up if you have to use a "term." I think though
you'd want to describe or define "locked" in any document you produce.
All of the terms for "this %!$%@ computer has stopped functioning"
(locked, frozen, etc.) deserve an explanation. The explanation would
include:

* What the screen looks like
* What if any messages appear
* Can the user do something to get out of the "@!# -at- $"

That's my $.02

Bill Bledsoe
AGE Systems Admin. Ctr.
Technical Writer

* Bill's opinions are Bill's opinions, not Ben's or anybody elses at AGE*