Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: Re: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 13:07:18 MST

Solveig Haugland <Solveig_Haugland -dot- GPS -at- GPS -dot- COM> wrote-->
> Several terms are used to describe what happens when your computer just won't
> do anything--it's frozen, it locks up, it's hung, and so on. Has anyone found
> dignified, yet clear term to describe this? We've tentatively gone with "if
> your computer stops processing" but it doesn't feel good.
> This, of course, is to be distinguished from when one is "kicked out" of an
> application--when it quits unexpectedly.
============
Even though it may not be technically correct, sometimes it is
easier to understand if you say that the keyboard locked up,
rather than the computer.

Or how about "if the computer stops responding...."?

I don't know. It will be interesting to see how each person
handles this one.

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=