S. Central and SW US--STC Conference

Subject: S. Central and SW US--STC Conference
From: LaVonna Funkhouser <lffunkhouser -at- HALNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 02:13:53 -0500

"From Smoke Signals to Satellite Signals--Communicating from the Plains"
The 1995 Region 5 Conference for the Soceity for Technical Communication
will be Sept. 29-30, 1995, at the Adam's Mark Hotel in Tulsa, OK.

Registration Deadline is September 15, 1995.

++++ For information on speakers, times, and other details, visit our WWW
site:
++++ http://stc.org/region5/okc/conferences/region5conf.html

Conference topics are varied and include these:

* Certification for technical communicators
* Building the Corporate Web
* Hypermedia Design
* Telecommuting
* Environmental Communication
* Scientific Communication
* Multimedia
* Consulting and Independing Contracting (CIC PIC Workshop)
* Single Sourcing
* Management
* Editing
* Proposals
* Translation
* Changing Careers
* Commercial Uses for the WWW
* Tech. Writing Students
* Training Materials
* Writing Video Scripts

Sunday, Oct. 1, features a Chapter Leadership Workshop, which
is free to conference attendees.

The keynote speaker is Jerry Henshaw, a vice president with United
Video Satellite Group, and our closing speaker is Will Hill, a Native
American storyteller.

Members and non-members of STC are all welcome, whether you reside in
Region 5 or not. Region 5 consists of AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, LA, and MS.

LaVonna
LaVonna F. Funkhouser Immediate Past President, OK Chapter
lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com Program Manager, 1995 Region 5 Conf.
technical writer Society for Technical Communication
COREStaff Communication Svcs.

My opinions do not officially represent anyone other than me.