Job Opening, Petaluma, CA

Subject: Job Opening, Petaluma, CA
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 17:12:34 -0700

Technical Writers Needed (2 positions)
Petaluma, CA.

A Full-time, staff technical writer with at least 2 years experience needed
(immediately) by a Petaluma software company.

We are looking for a full-time writer to join our west coast office in
Petaluma, CA. We are located just off of Highway 101 in east Petaluma
(McDowell-Washington-Penngrove area).

This is a small office, with ten developers and one other technical
writer. You'd be supervised in the beginning, but you'd be expected to
take projects over and be responsible for the entire documentation set.

Requirements:
o Word for Windows 6.0. You've used Word for Windows for so long, it is
second nature to you.
o Microsoft Help Compilers. You know how to set up and use Help macros,
secondary windows, and graphics.
o Microsoft Windows platforms.
o Some kind of tutorial/demo authoring experience.
o Can plan, create, and write MS Windows Help files.

Other good experience to have:
o Database/project management software knowledge. (Microsoft Project, ABT
Project Workbench, etc.)
o Usage of a third-party Help tool (RoboHelp, D2H, etc.)
o Document design (print/on-line). You've taken a document set from initial
design to final release, either as a lead or part of a team.
o Project management experience. You can schedule your deliverables and let
others know what you're counting on them to deliver to you.
o Graphic manipulation/design. You've used tools such as Paint Shop Pro,
Corel, and others to create and/or modify existing graphics for both
print and on-line.

Please send your resume (including salary requirements) to:

David Castro
Applied Business Technology
191 Lynch Creek Way, #201
Petaluma, CA 94954

FAX: 707-769-2616

Email: techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com

If you use email, *please follow up with a snailmail or fax copy.*