Re: Adobe Acrobat/PDF eval

Subject: Re: Adobe Acrobat/PDF eval
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 1995 00:49:15 +0100

Sally Derrick:
>What are the up and down sides of Acrobat? Does anyone know the how
>the licensing works?

I'm new so I missed the acrobat threads, but, the Acrobat Reader is free to
all. I'm not sure if others are allowed to distribute it, but it's freely
available at Adobe's ftp site. I think Adobe will issue a no-cost license
to distribute the Reader.

David, big Acrobat fan

I got the job! :) Good news: the programmer documented *everything*. Bad
news: the programmer documented *everything* in programmer-ese which has to
be distilled into end-user-ese. <shrug>

broudy -at- mizar -dot- usc -dot- edu -- http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/
Warning: Severe Tire Damage /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/ /=/