Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Sep 1995 to 11 Sep 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 10 Sep 1995 to 11 Sep 1995
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 1995 22:03:17 -0700

Liz Bohn said:
> I would like to suggest that solicitations like these be left
> out of the digests.

Liz, it's clear that you don't understand what a 'digest' of a list
is. The digest includes every little piddly message sent to the list,
but instead of getting messages 50 (or whatever) times, you get ONE
mail message in your box. That's it. That's the only difference. No
human being controls what goes in the digest. So no one can leave
anything out. We'd all rather not get spam in our mailboxes, and I
know that Eric is working on it, because I talked to him several days
ago about the spam filter. But in the meantime, be patient. This is
what the Internet is like: lots of signal, lots of noise.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com