Re: bogus resume stuff

Subject: Re: bogus resume stuff
From: Joan Smith <jsmith -at- ENCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 09:20:18 -0400

I rarely post here, but this is one of my biggest pet peeves.
I just looked in my September issue of INTERCOM, and yup,
you're right, there it is! 3.6 GPA and 1400 SAT.

I think the SAT goes up to 1600 (800 verbal, 800 math), but first of all,
holy crow! if all jobs wanted students with those kinds of grades,
I'd have never gotten a job. I'm a FIRM believer in the
"well-rounded student", and that great grades do not necessarily
mean a great employee. Second of all, what the heck do SAT grades
have to do with ANYTHING?! I wonder, are those requirements
for ALL applicants (even those with years of experience) or just
the junior-level?

I am proof that a person with average grades can still do a more than average
job.
I had my first "real" job while still in my senior year, AND was
on a collegiate sport team. And, yes, I did have a job before many
3.5+ G.P.A. students I went to school with.
I know how to manage my time, and what
my priorities are. I would hate to be looked over for a job position
because I didn't break a 1200 on my SAT.

My opinion (and not my company's, although they DID hire me so I can't be
all that bad! :-) )

Joan