Re[2]: Adobe Acrobat/PDF eval

Subject: Re[2]: Adobe Acrobat/PDF eval
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 1995 13:58:00 -0600

General Acrobat question (illustrating one of many problems I have with it):

How can you set a bookmark when reading it? (I'm not interested in how to put
them in when I create the document, that's not the issue here.) It's rare that I
have the time to finish anything I'm reading. I'd like to know how I can save my
place to come back to it later. (Apple's DocViewer has that capability. You can
even distribute docs on CD-ROMs and the users will be able to set bookmarks in
them for future reference.) In addition, I usually mark especially handy pages,
so that I can locate them quickly. Text search is *not* the right solution, as
it may be the fifth (or even twentieth) time a phrase occurs in the doc that is
the one I'm looking for.

I could jot the relevant passages down on paper, but then I'm writing my own
manual.

Ideas?

Have fun,
Arlen