Illustrator to Frame4

Subject: Illustrator to Frame4
From: ed_marsh -at- TCPGATE -dot- IBI -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 13:13:10 EST

K. Watkins asks:
> Does anyone know of a way to scale down screen shots for Windows >
>Help files, and still keep them legible?
You could also use Photoshop, though it may be a bit more than you
need.

Joanna writes:
> Strangely enough, .eps doesn't seem to be an option. Nor does there
>appear to be a "convert text to curves" option, as in CorelDraw. I
>have Corel 5 and could perhaps run the Illustrator files through that
>in order to get them into the proper shape for FrameMaker...

I just opened up Illustrator. I've also used Corel.

What you're asking for is a bit different than in Corel Draw. In order
to "Convert Text to Curves," select Create Outlines from the Type Menu
with the type selected, before you save the document.

Also, EPS is Illustrator's native format. When you open the Save
dialog box, the default extension is .AI. However, that places an EPS
file without a preview, so in an application such as Frame, you will
place the file and see a grey box (this is how it works in
QuarkXpress; I don't have Frame.) Simply select either Color or Black
and white from the Preview Drop-down, the file extension automatically
changes to EPS.

Hope this helps,
Ed Marsh 8)
Lurker Extraordinaire