Re[2]: what do you call it when your computer stops?

Subject: Re[2]: what do you call it when your computer stops?
From: powen -at- MAIL -dot- LMI -dot- ORG
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 14:33:25 EST

I agree with Mark's option:

> I say "stops responding". I think the phrase sort of portrays
>the user's point of view...

When a Windows (3.11, anyway) software package locks up, the system
displays the message, "This application has stopped responding" (or
somthing to that effect). Therefore, users in a Windows environment
should feel very comfortable (unfortunately) with this term
"responding." I've enjoyed reading this message more than 10 times
today, since I'm currently working in WordImperfect. I'm kind of
hoping when I move to Win 95 the words "stopped responding" will
become less familiar.