Re: Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. tags

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. tags
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 10:40:02 -0600

On Fri, 15 Sep 1995, Pat Madea wrote:

> >What I'd like to know is how long it took to "clean up" the tags. When I
> >work in WordImperfect, which I avoid like the plague, I spend a good
> >portion of my time "cleaning up" tags.

Just realized that I probably should have mentioned that this was in WP
5.1 (DOS). I've actually had less trouble of this type with the Windows
version of WP (although I avoid WP Windows version because it loves to
crash my system....)

> Is this true? Word has no tags? Or, does Word have tags and codes,
> just like all the other word processing and DTP programs, you just
> can't see them? As with any word processing or DTP program, tags and
> codes on top of tags and codes on top of tags and codes will
> eventually kluge the whole document. Or, is Word an exception?

Word does, of course, have its share of tags and codes. You can see some
of them by clicking the paragraph mark. And if you consistently use
"save" rather than "save as" you may well get a bit of a backlog. Using
the "save as" feature seems to clear the old stuff pretty effectively.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu