Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. ta

Subject: Re[2]: Re. WYSIWYG vs. ta
From: Marilynne Smith <m -dot- smith182 -at- GENIE -dot- GEIS -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 18:07:00 UTC

>> spend a good portion of my time "cleaning up" tags . . .

As a new WordImperfect person, these tags are driving me nuts. As I learn
better how to deal with WordImperfect, I have to remove the imperfect tags I
entered in the first place.

One person told me they just start a new document and retype it. It doesn't
work to copy the text over into a new document because the tags come too and
weird and strange things happen to the document.

What WordImperfect needs to do is to create a "flush tags" command that
would give you "sparkling clean words only" for the selected text. Then you
could either re-tag it or just let the underlying format take over. Given
my current state of frustration, I would not recommend WordPerfect for
documentation.

Marilynne
m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com