Re: WWW and Telecommuting

Subject: Re: WWW and Telecommuting
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 1995 20:38:28 -0400

As a freelancer, I work from my home most of the time. I go to my client's
office to drop off or pick up drafts and completed documents, to plan
projects, and to talk with the engineers about specific projects. Depending
on what point in a document project cycle we're in, I may be at their site
once every two weeks, or every day for two weeks.

And when I commute, my client pays my travel expenses (keeps the government
happy--I'm truly an independent contractor if _they_ pay the mileage!).

Most of the time this system works well, though I'm not as involved in the
development cycle as I'd like to be. But my client truly doesn't have space
for me in his office. And the engineers are out of the office at _their_
clients' sites so often that I probably wouldn't be able to talk to the one
I needed anyway.

I'm interested in hearing how others who telecommute handle being "out of
the loop" -- I can see this as being the biggest problem.

Win
Win Day
Technical Writer/Editor
Email: winday -at- idirect -dot- com