Re: Telecommuting

Subject: Re: Telecommuting
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 1995 17:47:49 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-17 14:44:37 EDT, powen -at- MAIL2 -dot- LMI -dot- ORG (<Pam Owen>)
writes:

>Actually, I like being out of the loop - and all the office politics that go
>with it. I'm better staying as far away from office gossip as possible,
since
>find the corporate culture of most companies to be stifling and I've got too
>big
>a mouth to fit in nicely with those trying to work their way up the
corporate
>ladder.

Yes, being out of the loop has its advantages and disadvantages. As a
contractor also, I feel compelled to go to client, do the job they need done,
and get the hell out. Office politics just complicates this. The disadvantage
is that you might miss out on ad hoc product changes, compelling business
reasons for posing a product in a certain way, etc. But this is somewhat
mitigated by the use of e-mail (which is a subject for a whole thread by
itself).

Regards...Kris