Re: FrameMaker vs. PageMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker vs. PageMaker
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 21:18:37 -0600

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, TERANCE L. MCNINCH wrote:

> Decide which to use? Use both! If you notice in some fine publications
> they list the products used during production. Many use a variety.

> The answer? Listen to the people who do the work. They have the
> answer. Give them the tools to do the job. Your peace of mind, your
> family-life, your hobby, your share holders will thank you for it.

Terrific answer. It really is true that when you use the tool best
suited to the task, the task is more effectively and more efficiently
accomplished. An analogy. When I cook, I find that a chef knife doesn't
really do as well for peeling fruit as a paring knife. On the other
hand, the paring knife is much less efficient at chopping vegetables.
Yet if I had to, I could accomplish either task with either knife. But
boy would I be frustrated and unhappy in the process.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu