Re: Cover Letters

Subject: Re: Cover Letters
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 14:10:29 PDT

Don't get me wrong -- a good cover letter can be the Mother of All
Job-Seeking Devices. I didn't spend all those years in a Tech Pubs
department that reported to Marketing without learning some marketing
tricks. As a vehicle for introducing yourself, establishing rapport,
and giving a targeted sales pitch, a cover letter is dynamite.

But when you can't get enough information about the potential client
to write a good cover letter, I think it's a mistake to write a
bad one. "Don't write bad stuff on purpose" -- that's my motto.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (503) 453-5841