Re: Portfolio q's & Resum

Subject: Re: Portfolio q's & Resum
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 05:22:31 -0700

Marilynne Smith said:
> A word of advice: the things you learn about writing while you write a
> thesis are only good for writing other theses. They should be shed when you
> enter the work world. <smile>

Really? I should forget about deadlines, consideration of audience,
clear visual presentation of information, and how to put in lots of
detail without making my sentences too long or clutttered?

I wrote an M.A. thesis and a Ph.D. dissertation, both in linguistics,
and I found the experience a really solid basis for technical writing.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com