help -- PageM, FrameM, and the Web

Subject: help -- PageM, FrameM, and the Web
From: Joanna Sheldon <cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 1995 21:52:09 -0400

Folks,

The following is a note from one of my clients, responding to my suggestion
that I buy PageMaker to help them with their marketing literature, which is
now being done in PageMaker. I only suggested this because their marketing
guys, who recently asked me to help them with a project, seemed unwilling
to use FrameMaker (which is my preferred environment).

Marketing does its work on a Mac. I work on a PC. I presume either PageM
or FrameM files could be copied back and forth between my PC and their Mac
without too much difficulty? (That's Page to Page, Frame to Frame docs.)

I've been doing the major documentation for this company in FrameMaker, and
have no intention of changing that.

In view of my client's desire to put all documents on the Web, my
inclination now is to advise Marketing to buy and use FrameMaker.

Can anyone help me answer his questions?

TIA!

-- Joanna