Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?

Subject: Re: Printed vs. Online: What mix?
From: "Delaney, Misti" <ncr02!ncr02!mdelaney -at- UCS01 -dot- ATTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 18:08:00 -0500

Kim says:
<snip> I also feel that the printed docs should be derived from the
online help, not the
other way around (sorry, Mike). Online documentation tends to be
clearer, less
redundant, and far better organized. It's easier to convert files with
these qualities to
printed form than it is to convert redundant, scattered, and (often)
wordy printed
information to online help.

Kim, I must say that, although paper documents can be redundant, scattered,
wordy, and poorly organized, they shouldn't be. The attributes you apply to
on-line documentation (clear, concise, well organized) also apply equally to
well written paper documentation.