Re: Re. E-mail's social implications

Subject: Re: Re. E-mail's social implications
From: Jeffrey Pittman <Jpittman49 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 1995 02:08:39 -0400

In a message dated 95-09-28 13:28:37 EDT, geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA (Geoff Hart)
writes:

> My point is that what
> we see through our social interactions is only the
> tip of the iceberg, and many a ship gets sunk on
> that part that lies unseen beneath the waves.
Inside all of us are three people. The first person is the one the
community-at-large sees. The second person is the one our families see. The
third is the person only we ourselves see. Can email be any different?
Humankind's various ethical systems have been striving for millenia to
convince people to only show the third person. Let's hope we are eventually
successful in this endevour.
Good luck,
J.P.