Page/day counts?

Subject: Page/day counts?
From: Dan 'Fergus' Roberts <droberts -at- PANIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:24:14 -0400

Samantha Alper (salper -at- col -dot- hp -dot- com) wrote:

: CHRIS HESTER (chris -dot- hester -at- aquila -dot- com) wrote:
: experienced people here handle it, but I have found at other assignments
: that explaining to the customer clearly that their bump leaves only
: X days, and a writer can generally do 2 pages/day, what would they like
: cut? helps a lot.

I've also recently seen in here a page/day count of 5.
How are these ratios derived? - general experience? a predetermined
formula? Does it take into account the writer's experience, the complexity
of the tools, or the complexity of the subject matter? If so, how?

I'd be interested to see any methods used to determine page/day counts.
Thanks!
--
-----
Dan 'Fergus' Roberts