Re. Interviewing editors

Subject: Re. Interviewing editors
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 16:55:51 EDT

Geoff Hart had an interesting way to look for good editors.

It just might work. During my last job-hunting exercise, I responded to
a couple of ads for editors. Interestingly, in almost each case there was
a typo somewhere in the ad. Not being quite sure if it was a test, I
always pointed out the error in my cover letter.

Never got an interview at any of those companies.

Perhaps it -was- a test: "Smart-aleks need not apply."

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com