Re: One sourcing-request for information

Subject: Re: One sourcing-request for information
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 09:48:35 LCL

Bob,

Keith wrote:

>> I am especially interesting the subject of one source documentation. ...
>> I feel SGML is possibly the way to go but I am not sure.

I'd say SGML is the **only way** to do what he is describes. SGML provides the
only mechanism for turning the information contained in documents in data that
can manipulated by a computer as well as a human being. Word processing and
desktop publishing formats only store information about how a document should
look. That info is too ambiguous, inconsistent and incomplete to be manipulated
by a computer.

By the way, I have not seen your Web site yet, but I'll check it out soon.
Sounds interesting.

Best regards,

/chet

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 cworl -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]