CUTTING-EDGE DOCUMENTATION...

Subject: CUTTING-EDGE DOCUMENTATION...
From: Dave Cooper <davec -at- AUTODESK -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 10:12:02 -0700

Writers!

I am researching "cutting-edge" documentation. I need to put
together a list of products so that I can review them.

My criteria for "cutting-edge" are:

1. Well-written, concise and succinct language
free of technical and industry-specific jargon.

2. Clear, informative presentation of information
free of fashionable fads and unnecessary clutter.

3. Use of graphics and art whenever a concept can
be explained better, or when the written
explanation can be ameliorated with graphics or
art.

4. Presentation of this information "online" in
CD-ROM electronic format, as video, using sound,
multimedia, and other modern technological
tools.

5. Presentation of this information in well-made,
attractive "hardcopy" when necessary.

If you know of any products that meet these criteria, I would
greatly appreciate it if you could forward me your list.

I've no interest in discussing the criteria. I have every interest
in reviewing the products.

So far, I've been impressed with Adobe PhotoShop 3.0 Deluxe
CD as far as it meets my criterion listed in item number 4 (above).

By the way, I've contacted the S.T.C. and they have been
unable to provide me with any information whatsoever. Perhaps
this work has already been done, and someone can direct me to
an existing source?

A private response would be appreciated.

Cheers

DAVE COOPER
AutoCAD Technical Writer
Autodesk, Inc.