Principles for designing Web pages

Subject: Principles for designing Web pages
From: "Larry Kunz ((919) 254-6395)" <ldkunz -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 1995 13:57:53 EDT

Some of y'all have asked for help in designing Web pages. Today
while browsing the *Information Week* page I spotted this:

> Web Site of the Week

> The Yale C/AIM World Wide Web Style Manual is a must-see for
> those who design Web pages. Check out its suggestions for site
> structure, page design, and copyright issues.

I took a quick look -- not enough for a thoughtful critique, but
enough to give me a good first impression. Like most Web sites,
the Yale WWW Style Manual is a work in progress, and I think it's
off to a strong start. The author, Patrick J. Lynch, welcomes
feedback: obeying one of his own design principles, he includes
an e-mail link on every page.

Check it out yourself at
http://info.med.yale.edu/caim/StyleManual_Top.HTML

Larry Kunz
STC Assistant to the President for Professional Development
ldkunz -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com