Re: MS Word & bmp's

Subject: Re: MS Word & bmp's
From: Robin Lewis <rlewis -at- CTIW -dot- CFER -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:35:00 PDT

>What's the best way of incorporating the .bmp's that won't bog down the
system? <snip>

><snip>Best solution we've found is to link the pictures instead of pasting
them. <snip>

Don't feel bad. I had the same problem w/a brand new 133 Mhz Micron!

Question re: using linking. I'm unfamiliar w/the process and tried using it
once to alleviate the gigantic files problem that seem to occur with so many
graphics files. We often provide our documents in softcopy on a disk, and
zip the files. When they are later unzipped and opened, the links are gone.
Also, when we send out our docs online to our editing group, the links go
away w/the files. It seems that there has to be ONE main file with which to
link, and if it is copied, the links go away in the copies.

We could be doing this wrong. Any suggestions or guidance?

Robin
Technical Writer
ConferTech International
Denver Colorado USA