bleeder tabs

Subject: bleeder tabs
From: Ed Glennon <ed -at- RASNA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 16:27:58 PDT

Our books use bleeder tabs. The tabs are black rectangles at the edge
of the page with the name of the chapter or something like that on
them.

The text on the bleeder tabs is sideways, but we're having a small
controversy over which direction the text should face. Should it be:

1. facing in toward the page, so the text reads from top to bottom on
the tab

2. facing out away from the page, so the text reads from bottom to top
on the tab

I've seen it done both ways, but I can't find a good argument for doing
it one way or the other. If you have an opinion on it, or you know of
a source that discusses this issue, I'd really appreciate hearing from
you.

Thanks.

Ed Glennon
Parametric Technology Corp.