Re: WordPerfect, HTML, and HotDog

Subject: Re: WordPerfect, HTML, and HotDog
From: "Susan M. Leslie" <sleslie -at- NEOSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:32:49 -0500

My problem with the WP tool is I haven't found a way to edit existing .HTM
files. So I got HotDog and I really like it. Especialy since they put tabs
on multiple open files.

I add a lot of pages to my hotlist and then copy them from there to my local
file pages which are organized by topic or area. I find the tabs easier
than clicking on "Windows" and selecting the next file - one click instead
of two.

Susan

At 03:59 AM 9/27/95 UTC, you wrote:
>I tried WordPerfect Internet Publisher today for the first time, and it's
>great! Internet Publisher is a free supplement for licensed users of
>WordPerfect 6.1 for Windows. I used it to create a demo Home Page for my
>employer (about 10 pages). After I installed it, it took me about 3 hours
>to copy my document onto a WordPerfect HTML template, do edits to the
>document in WordPerfect, select the HTML tags, set up the hypertext links,
>check it out a few times, and hold the demo. (No telling what you can do
>under pressure!)

>The HTML tagging is done by selecting the feature you want (such as heading
>level 2) from a pulldown menu. The selections are the similar to what you
>might find in a style menu in WP. You do the hypertext links using popup
>menus. I was brand new to Internet Publisher when I started and beginner
>level in HTML.

>I downloaded this from Novelle's Home Page. They will also mail it to you
>for $9.00. Sorry to say, I didn't save the URL or phone number for this. I
>did find it myself by searching in Yahoo for HTML and WordPerfect.

>Usual disclaimer: I don't work for Novelle. I don't receive compensation
>from Novelle. I was just delighted to find this and wanted to share with
>you all.

>Marilynne
> m -dot- smith182 -at- genie -dot- geis -dot- com

Susan Leslie
Houston, Tx