Announcement: October meeting of SGML Forum of NY

Subject: Announcement: October meeting of SGML Forum of NY
From: Chet Ensign <Chet_Ensign%LDS -at- NOTES -dot- WORLDCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 1995 15:06:06 LCL

The SGML Forum of New York invites you to attend

"An Evening of SGML Roundtables"

Date: Tuesday, October 24th, 1995; 5:30 p.m.
Place: McGraw-Hill, Inc.
2nd Floor Conference Center
1221 Avenue of the Americas (lobby entrance off 49th Street)
Agenda: 5:30 Registration and Opening Remarks
5:45 Keynote Speaker: Dan Coyne, Innodata
6:45 SGML Topical (not "Tropical") Roundtables

Join us on October 24th for a series of roundtable discussions on SGML
special-interest topics. We'll start the evening off with a talk by Dan Coyne
about the the role SGML plays today and tomorrow in publishing and distributing
journals. Dan is General Manager of Publishing Services for Innodata, an
information conversion company located here in New York City. Dan will bring a
rich historical perspective to the future of SGML in the field of journal
publishing, where short turnaround cycles for hot information is the norm.

After Dan's talk, we'll divide up into roundtables to discuss topics of special
interest. The tables will be devoted to themes including SGML & the Web,
large-scale SGML composition and authoring in SGML. These will be moderated
free-flowing discussions to get your questions and opinions "on the table."

Upcoming Programs:

On November 14th, the word will be "object" as in "Object-Oriented." Bob
DuCharme of Research Institute of America will talk about the parallels between
traditional object-oriented programming concepts and SGML.

On December 12th, we'll have an SGML '95 review. Forum members who attended the
annual SGML conference will summarize the themes, hot topics, general wisdom
and best quotes for those who could not be there. (Even if you were there, plan
to attend anyway -- just to keep the speakers honest!)

About the Forum

The SGML Forum of New York is a nonprofit organization devoted to the exchange
of ideas and information about SGML. Organized primarily as a user group, the
Forum seeks to promote an understanding of the scope and benefits of the SGML
standard and to further its practical application within a variety of
industries, including publishing, financial services, insurance,
pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications.

Reply by fax to (718) 357-8776.

"An Evening of SGML Roundtables"
Tuesday, October 24th, 1995

o Yes, I will attend.

o No, I cannot attend but please keep me informed.

Telephone: ( )

Make address corrections on the label below. Please invite your colleagues, and
add to this sheet the names, addresses and telephone numbers of those who will
be attending.

---------

Chet Ensign
Logical Design Solutions
571 Central Avenue http://www.lds.com
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 censign -at- lds -dot- com [email]
908-771-9221, Ext. 152 [Phone] 908-771-0430 [FAX]