Re: FrameMaker

Subject: Re: FrameMaker
From: Frank Harper <Frank -dot- Harper -at- ES -dot- ATL -dot- SITA -dot- INT>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 08:30:15 PDT

For those who wanted information on FrameMaker. (disclaimer: I am not an
employee

of Frame Technologies, just a very satisfied user.)

FrameMaker is an extremely powerful desktop publishing (dtp) system. It uses a
WYSIWYG display and incorporates text manipulation, page layout, and graphics
all
in one package.

It is on the same level as Interleaf, another dtp system. FrameMaker is
available on over 26 different hardware platforms and operating systems. I
currently use it in a Windows 3.1 environment, and pass files to the engineers
who use it in a Unix environment. The files transfer seamlessly.

Frame Technologies (now a division of Adobe) owns FrameMaker. Their address:

Frame Technologies
333 West San Carlos St,
San Jose, CA 95110
800-U4-FRAME (I hate those stupid letter phone numbers<:)
800-843-7263

H. Frank Harper | I am not the same having seen
Technical Writer | the moon shine on the other
hfharper -at- pobox -dot- com | side of the world.