Graphics Tools

Subject: Graphics Tools
From: John Russell <johnr -at- BRS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 10:03:12 EDT

Hi everyone,

I am increasingly needing to edit graphics before they enter my documents, and
in doing so am finding "Paintbrush" incresingly deficient. Someone mentioned
the following programs to me.

Visio ($120)
Collage Complete ($175)
Clip n' Save ($65)
Adobe Photoshop ($560)
Adobe Illustrator ($390)
MacroMedia Freehand ($390)
CorelDraw 5 ($460)

I need a graphics editing tool that is 1) more powerful than paintbrush, but
2) not be so powerful that it will either cost a fortune, be a resource hog,
or take forever to learn.

I have seen CorelDraw 5, but consider it beyone my needs (and a little pricy).
Does anyone out there have any other info on the products listed? Any
recommendations? What do *you* use?

Please respond to me directly. And thanks in advance.

--

kjr
johnr -at- brs -dot- com

|/ K. John Russell \| Anagram of the year:
| Dataware Technologies, Inc. |
| 5 Computer Drive South | Information Superhighway
|\ Albany, New York 12205 /| New utopia? Horrifying Sham!