Re: Screen captures for OS/2

Subject: Re: Screen captures for OS/2
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- NEXTLEVEL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:57:03 PDT

On Fri, 27 Oct 1995 09:57:23 CST you wrote:

> Steve Evanina <Steve -dot- Evanina -at- SCIATL -dot- COM> wrote:

> > Does anyone know of a screen capture program that works with OS/2
> > Warp. We used to use Collage with 2.11 but it crashes the app in
> > Warp.

> I'm using PrntScrn version 2.0.1D from Mitnor Software. Sorry, I don't
> have a phone number, but their address is 28411 E. 55th Street, Broken
> Arrow, OK 74014. It isn't fancy, but it works fine with Warp.

If you want some excellent shareware options, try PMView 0.92
(ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/os2/graphics/pmview92.zip) or PMJPEG
(ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/os2/graphics/pmjpg*.zip). I prefer the former myself -
also includes a wide range of editing, sizing, image-processing and filter
tools.

Other commercial options include ImpOS/2 (also supports video-in capture and a
number of scanners) - I *think* a demo is available at
ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/os2/demos/.

In fact, a search of 00index.txt in /os2/graphics should reveal a number of
excellent graphics tools of all types.

Windows 95 FIXPACK now available!
http://www.austin.ibm.com/pspinfo/os2.html for more info!
"Maybe all I need, besides my pills and surgery
is a new metaphor for reality..." - Queensr che