Re: UNIX or Unix?

Subject: Re: UNIX or Unix?
From: John Posada <jposada -at- NOTES -dot- CC -dot- BELLCORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 08:16:31 -0500

Our Technical Documentation department is having an argument about which word
we should use -- "Unix" or "UNIX" -- to refer to the operating system.

-------------------------

There is no argument.

If you are referring to the software product, it's UNIX (all capped)

It's also a registered trademark of Novell, Inc., (btw..not AT&T anymore) so
the first time you use it in a document, you must place the little Registered
Trademark symbol and also include it on a Trademarks section in the front of
the document.

John Posada
Technical Writer
Bell Communications Research, Piscataway, NJ
(908) 699-5839 (W)
jposada -at- notes -dot- cc -dot- bellcore -dot- com (W)
jposada -at- bs -dot- camba -dot- com (H)
I don't speak for my employer and they return the favor