Re: Long vs. Short Web pages

Subject: Re: Long vs. Short Web pages
From: Kris Olberg <KJOlberg -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 10:21:42 -0500

In a message dated 95-10-29 09:35:34 EST, nhoft -at- ITECH -dot- MV -dot- COM (Nancy Hoft)
writes:

>You didn't provide any information about your company and what
>products/services it offers so it's hard to recommend additional ideas here.
>But keep in mind that the WWW is NOT a platform exclusively for marketing
>and sales. It's a platform for sharing information (FOR FREE!). It's about
>CONTENT!!!

This comment raises an interesting question. What does the future hold for
the Web? Will it continue to be a vehicle for content, will its emphasis
shift toward advertising, or will it become an amalgam of both?

We need to be open minded when recommending Web page solutions to clients.
Focusing on sharing information may not provide the return-on-investment a
client needs. We simply MUST know what the client wants/expects from a Web
page before we propose a solution. Recommending a one-size-fits-all solution
based on the current climate of the Web is a mistake and, frankly, not very
innovative.

Regards...Kris