Re: Long vs. Short Web pages

Subject: Re: Long vs. Short Web pages
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 1995 19:42:32 -0800

> This comment raises an interesting question. What does the future hold for
> the Web? Will it continue to be a vehicle for content, will its emphasis
> shift toward advertising, or will it become an amalgam of both?

IMHO, the Web is a medium, like TV, movies or newspapers, especially with
the advent of Java. Therefore, the future of Web may be similar to the
past of other mediums.

o First it was be used by technicians as they experimented
o Then by artists to create something new
o Now by commercial interests as advertising Nielsen (sp?) has
even come up with a way to measure popular Web pages.

This suggests that the Web will become both further commercialized and
standardized to the point where TV is at now. I personnally find this
to be exciting and rewarding - it's like living in TV-land right before
the development of "I Love Lucy".

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer
QUALCOMM