Re: word processing programs

Subject: Re: word processing programs
From: Jane Bergen <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 08:58:13 +0000

Judy,

I don't know where you live, but there are a ton of magazine
articles out on this subject. In fact, the very newest PC Magazine
(Nov 21st edition, I believe) has a word processor review.

It would be very difficult to give a definitive answer to your
question without knowing a lot more about your situation, such as:

* What platform are you using? (Windows, Mac, UNIX, etc.)

* Are you planning to upgrade to Windows 95 within the next year?

* Do you ever need to exchange documents electronically with anyone
(coworkers, clients, service bureaus)? If so, do they have
limitations?

* What kinds of documents do you write? Are they long, complex
documents? Do you need heavy graphics-handling features? Some
programs handle graphics better than others.

* What kinds of features are you looking for? Master pages? Easy
cross-reference linking? Automatic indexing?

You asked your question very wisely by asking for likes and dislikes
rather than -- as some people have done-- which word processor is
best. Then we start another holy war.

Jane Bergen
Technical Writer
janeb -at- answersoft -dot- com or janeb -at- iadfw -dot- net
"The difference between the right word and the almost right word
is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug" (Mark Twain)