Re: Graduate Programs in New Media - Where?

Subject: Re: Graduate Programs in New Media - Where?
From: "David S. Broudy" <broudy -at- BCF -dot- USC -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 1995 09:50:25 -0800

Judith Hammeran:
>Does anyone know of a graduate-level program dealing with WWW, multimedia, and
>CD-ROM? There's a certificate program at UCLA, but I'm interested in earning a
>second master's degree, if possible.

>Any leads?

The School of Cinema/TV at USC offers several graduate courses in
multimedia technologies, but I don't think they offer a full MS/MA in the
subject. I went to the USC class for a few weeks (I couldn't register--it
was overfull) and found it to be quite elementary and not really worth the
time. That might have changed, but a co-worker took the same class this
past summer and she hated it. By the end of the fourth week (which is when
I stopped going since I couldn't enroll), they were *just* having students
diddle around with Hypercard... please. They talked a lot about Director,
CDI, CD-ROM formats, authoring sytems, but it was just talk. Maybe the
second semester course is a little more challenging.

* http://www-bcf.usc.edu/~broudy/ *
* freelance web geek n tech writer *
* "But cha are, Blanche, ya are!" --Baby Jane *