Re: New virus by email - vicious one

Subject: Re: New virus by email - vicious one
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- IO -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 1995 12:46:30 -0500

In article <199511030422 -dot- XAA07646 -at- io -dot- org>, you wrote:
>Eric, I think this affects us all. Most of us don't hang around any virus
>Lists
>or newsgroups.

>I just received an urgent virus alert from my company, a vicious one that
>propagates by email. That means US!

>Text follows.

>Please do not read any mail messages with the subject
>"Good Times" it may contain a virus. Just delete the message.

>Details:

Not another one!

This one is almost as bad as the Blue Star acid tattoo hoax (which just hit
my son's school).

It's a HOAX. If you don't believe me, check out:

ftp://usit.net/pub/lesjones/Good-Times-Virus-Hoax-Mini-FAQ

Or go into Yahoo or OpenText and do a search on "Good Times Virus".

Please check it out. As technical writers, we have a responsibility to
disseminate accurate information.

Regards,
Keith

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- io -dot- org -- http://www.io.org/~ksoltys/
Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Telerate Canada Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinliein