Re: Contact management

Subject: Re: Contact management
From: Karen Kay <karenk -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 08:28:24 -0800

At 04:27 PM 11/3/95 U, Stacey Kahn wrote:
>How do y'all keep track of who you've talked to and where, when, and so forth?

I made up contact sheets that I use when I'm on the phone, or fill in
immediately after a face to face meeting.

If you're talking about talking to a lot of people on a project, I have a
notebook that I keep for each project that includes notes of contacts as
well as questions to ask, and so on.

>PIM? On-line notes? Hard-copy notes? Daytimer? How do you organize your
>information (by contact name, date, company, other?), what information do you
>keep, yadda yadda yadda... ?

After I am done talking, I condense the information from the contact sheet
and put it into my on-line rolodex. I usually file things by the person's
name--but it would depend on the kind of contact it is.

One of the things that I make a point of including is how I got onto this
person in the first place--if someone else suggested I talk to them, I put
that person's name down.

Karen
karenk -at- netcom -dot- com