Re: Using software your clients propos

Subject: Re: Using software your clients propos
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 1995 10:28:57 -0800

Peter Kent wrote:

><snip>But I've used literally hundreds of
>different computer programs over the last 15 years. I know I can pick up the
>essentials of Word Perfect in less than an hour, and be proficient in a few
>more hours. If someone asks if I can use WP, I'm not lying when I say yes!

Right on target. I once TAUGHT a class on WordPerfect Office's email program,
having NEVER used it, having never seen it used, having only read the tutorial
book and the user's guide overnight. I provided a good class, based on the
callback -- the place I worked offered free "comeback classes" if you felt you
didn't master the subject from the first class. The company did not send
anyone back for the mail class, but DID send several people for my other
classes. Many of those people were pleased when they found out that they were
taking their software class from "that woman who had been so helpful with the
Mail class".

I was able to pull it off because:

a) I had worked with about three different email and scheduling packages
before, so I knew the paradigm

b) My husband (SO at the time) was a network administrator for a large company,
so I knew a lot of the ins and outs of administering an email system
(especially after having discussed the matter with him the night before the
class) and could provide some general hints in that direction.

Knowing how to learn software quickly is one of my job skills and I do not
hesitate to use it.

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
bonnig -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com