Re: contractor bitching

Subject: Re: contractor bitching
From: Karen Steele <Kstle -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:16:14 -0500

>Anybody want to comment on my current pet peeve: a string of potential
>clients who want me to do $4000 jobs for $100 or $500. They get so
>-huffy- when I point out that I could make a better hourly wage bagging
>groceries. BTW, the guy who offered $100 also expected me to pay for my
>own parking for daily 2-hour meetings.

Like most good independents, I've been working more (good thing), and
playing on the 'net less. But I got a giggle out of a few of the recent
posts,
and decided to throw in a couple comments.

Kat, be sure to read the winter issue of Independent Perspective,
my column is on when to fire a client. I'd say you have a prime
candidate with this guy. Sometimes your time is better spent
in developing new business.
If you aren't making $$$, you are losing it with
client's like this. And as much as we love some of those companies,
we have to ask ourselves why we are in business. If the answer is
"to make $$$", then getting rid of a dead weight client is
positive step towards your ultimate goal.

Sorry for the interruption. Back to your regularly
scheduled list....

Karen Steele (just full of opinions today!)
Manager,
STC C&IC PIC