Re: couple of questions

Subject: Re: couple of questions
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 06:32:00 -0600

We're under fire at work. Suddenly our boss thinks that tech writers
ought to be able to read C and do telephony scripting using C
commands.

Read C? Shouldn't be a problem; C is a simple language with just a few keywords.
If you can read math equations, you should be able to read C.

Telephony scripting? That depends. Does he mean you should be able to do them
well enough to manage your telephone needs? Or is he thinking you should be able
to develop scripts good enough to include in a product? The first possibility
also shouldn't be too hard; the second is indeed unreasonable.

Have fun,
Arlen

arlen -dot- p -dot- walker -at- jci -dot- com
In God we trust, all others must supply data