Thanks - WinHelp Developers Conference

Subject: Thanks - WinHelp Developers Conference
From: Steve Smith <ssmith -at- MAVERICK -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 08:48:49 CST

To all those who attended the WinHelp Developers Conference -- A Southwest
Experience:

A great big thank you to all those who attended our first annual WinHelp
Developers Conference in Dallas Texas this past Oct 27-28. What started out
as a regional conference grew before our eyes into an international event,
with attendees from all over the US and from countries such as Singapore,
France, New Zealand, South Africa, Canada, and Britain.

Despite the usual panic over AV equipment, everything went very smoothly,
and comments from our attendees very enthusiastic. The Friday vendors
reception was quite a show, and all had a great time.
Notable was the appearance of Stefan Olson from New Zealand, and he, as
usual, was chock full of innovative tools and techniques.

The sessions were informative, and the folks in attendance were fantastic!
Great enthusiasm and excitement about meeting other developers and learning
new techniques and concepts.

Another big round of thanks to my Speakers:
Kathy Seesing
Jim Mischel
Len Beasley
Dan Biby
John Daigle
Paul Barth
and all the other folks who presented at the tips and tricks
session on Saturday -- Steve Smith, Charlie Munro, M.J. Plaster
Christina Richards, Machelle Wakefield and others.

Also, we had great participation from our vendors. They showed us new
software, interesting designs, and was really excited about being at our
show.

I would personally like to thank the folks who helped develop and work this
conference with my company -- M.J. Plaster, Deborah Hill, and others.

Finally, I want to offer my deepest thanks to Steve Smith, who was my right
hand mentor and provided me the invaluable help and perspective that helped
make this conference a success. Also, my wife Ellen, with whom the support
and ideas she provided were the best ever.

We are already booked for next year, and will be held the latter part of
October, 1996, in Dallas. We are already planning a larger conference, with
an improved venue for vendors, presentations, and roundtables.

In closing, we all had a great time, and learned a lot in the process. The
southwest US is full of talent and ability, and it was great to see it
highlighted in Dallas.

On to the WinWriters conference in Seattle, where my company will be in
attendance. This years WinWriters conference should be extraordinary, and
we are looking forward to visiting with our friends and colleagues. Please
stop by our booth to learn about next year's conference and other exciting
new programs and activities.

Alec Sonenthal
Greenbrook Technical Communications and
Help University (sm) Education Services