Call for Presenters

Subject: Call for Presenters
From: Catherine Cooper <CCooper902 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 17:09:32 -0500

Region 3 of the Society for Technical Communication is holding its first
Technical Communication Conference for students, and they need presenters.
Please read the following information, and respond to the address below if
you are interested in helping out students interested in technical
communications careers. Students are also welcome to present!

CALL FOR PRESENTERS

We are happy to announce a call for presenters for the first annual
Region 3 Technical Communication Student Conference to be held March 30,
1996, on the campus of Mercer University in Macon Georgia. Our first
conference theme is "Discovering New Worlds: Charting a Course in Technical
Communication."

Help us to chart the course for a successful student conference by offering
to present a workshop or demonstration or by offering to be part of a panel
discussion group.

Several of the ways in which you can help include

1. Presenting a demonstration or workshop in one of our topic areas:
* Charting a Career Path will include sessions on career planning,
interviewing, developing resumes and portfolios, and assimilating into a
"typical" workforce. It will also focus on the features and benefits of STC
in terms of helping its
members.

*Discovering Tools, Trends, and Technologies will include sessions on
popular tools for development of on-line and multimedia documentation, the
current trends relating to our field, and computer technologies applicable
to our profession.

2. Participating in our panel discussion on graduate studies in technical
communication.
* Charting a Path to Graduate Studies is to be a panel discussion
formed by faculty of various graduate programs in technical communication.
Members will describe their program and will discuss important
considerations in choosing a graduate program.

3. Hosting a Topic Table
*During lunch, we plan to establish Topic Tables where a host offers to
lead a discussion on a designated topic.

If you are interested in presenting, please submit a one- or two-page
proposal detailing your presentation. The proposal should include the
following information:

Title of Presentation
Length of Presentation (one choice): __ 50 minutes __ 20 minutes
Type of presentation (workshop or demonstration)
Audio-Visual or Other Equipment Needed
Whether you want to participate in a panel discussion: Charting a Course to
Graduate Studies; host a Topic Table (including the topics you're interested
in); or volunteer to be a session moderator.

Send the proposal with your name, mailing address, company, title, email
address, fax number, and phone numbers (day/evening) to:

C.M. Shehadeh, Department of Humanities,
Florida Institute of Technology
150 West University Boulevard
Melbourne, FL 32901-6988

All submissions must be postmarked no later than Dec. 8, 1995.
Note, too, that all presenters must register for the conference.

For more information about presenting, call Carol Shehadeh at 407-768-8000
ext. 8082.