Profanity etc.

Subject: Profanity etc.
From: Melissa Hunter-Kilmer <mhunterk -at- BNA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:08:09 EST

This is rapidly escalating into a holy war, and we don't need it.

Look, gang. If you want your stuff to have the broadest possible appeal
on this forum, IMHO it's a good idea to omit all profanities, vulgarities,
four-letter words, etc. We seem to have managed just fine without them
until now.

I usually stop paying serious attention to any posting that includes such
language -- especially when somebody uses some form of "God," "Christ," or
some equally powerful word for a deity. If you tell me what religious
words offend you, I'll avoid them, too. Don't we respect each other
enough to do that?

There is always a way to write around loaded language like this, and we're
just the ones who can do it. If you don't want to, fine. Just consider
that some of us will hit the delete key when we get tired of wading
through your stuff.

Melissa Hunter-Kilmer
mhunterk -at- bna -dot- com