TagWrite anyone?

Subject: TagWrite anyone?
From: Alison Bloor <alisonb -at- MMTECH -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 13:16:40 GMT

Hi all,

Does anyone out there use TagWrite, by ZANDAR Corporation?
(I got my copy on the CorelDRAW 5.0 CD, as an add-on to Ventura
Publisher, but it seems to be an application in its own right,
and is probably available elsewhere.)

At first sight it looks as though it could be useful -- it's a
tagging/untagging utility for word-processor files, and so can be
used to convert, say, Ventura files to SGML.

However, the documentation -- there's loads of it, and it's in
Acrobat format, and near-impossible to read online -- appears to
have been written for a different environment, then badly adapted
for Ventura. The example templates described in the docs do not
match what is actually installed, and they mostly assume that
you are converting WordPerfect or Word for Windows files.

So, my questions are:

1. Do you find TagWrite useful? What do you use it for?

2. Am I right in thinking I could create a template to convert
Ventura files to HTML using the Ventura style tags, e.g.
Ventura tag 'Main Heading' -> HTML <H1>
etc.?

3. Can it really be as complicated as it seems (4 manuals, several
hundred pages)? After all, it's 'just' a parser, isn't it?

The bottom line:

4. Is it worth the effort if all I want to do is the occasional
conversion to HTML?

Thanks for any information, encouragement or enlightenment you
can offer,

Al

Alison Bloor (alisonb -at- mmtech -dot- co -dot- uk) Phone: +44 (0)1454 313444
Motion Media Technology Ltd. Fax: +44 (0)1454 313678
http://www.mmtech.co.uk/~mmtech