Re: My use of profanity

Subject: Re: My use of profanity
From: Beverly Parks <bparks -at- HUACHUCA-EMH1 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 1995 07:10:06 MST

I'm finding this whole thing interesting. Personally, I don't
think Mike Uhl deserves all these attacks because of one word in
one post. It's not like all his posts--or even just that
one--are one long harangue filled with four-letter words.
We're talking one word, one time. So what!

I admit that his use of the word took me off guard, but that's
only because I'm not used to seeing that language on techwr-l.
But if you've ever browsed the usenet newsgroups, you would
quickly see that such language is fairly common out there.

Some people are using the example of using such language or
performing some socially unacceptable act at somebody's house.
Well--surprise everybody!--this *is not anyone's* home. It's
more like a public cafe where tech writers congregate on their
lunch break or after a hard day of work.

On techwr-l I've never felt the need to put up a front and
pretend to be someone I'm not. But this reaction to Mike tells
me that maybe some of us have to, in order to be accepted by
the tech writing elite.

Now I await the fully expected note from Eric...
Sometimes you just gotta break the rules. 8-)

Bev

=*= Beverly Parks -- bparks -at- huachuca-emh1 -dot- army -dot- mil =*=
=*= Huachuca : That's pronounced "wah-CHEW-ka" =*=
=*= "Unless otherwise stated, all comments are my own. =*=
=*= I am not representing my employer in any way." =*=