documenting "freeze, hang, etc." situations

Subject: documenting "freeze, hang, etc." situations
From: Valarie <TASSARI -at- CGI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 10:37:36 -0500

On Mon, 13 Nov 1995 13:33:04 GMT, Michael Collier <mci -at- LUBRIZOL -dot- COM> wrote:

>>For example, in a situation where (1) a dialog box fails to disappear after
>>an option is selected, and (2) the pointing device can still be moved around
>>the screen but (3) none of the dialog commands are executed, causing the
>>user to (4) restart the computer for it to operate, which of the above terms
>>apply?

In my opinion, you should not have to document these problems. If you
are able to consistently recreate this behavior, the system is not
ready for release. The engineers developing the system should fix
these bugs. These behaviors are unacceptable to users...regardless of
how *nicely* you have explained the problem ;-)

Valarie Tassari
Sr. Technical Writer, Carnegie Group, Inc.
tassari -at- cgi -dot- com